Mumbai University Previous year question papers
VI Sem CSE Examination June 2010
N.B.: (1) Question No.1 is compulsory.
(2) Attempt any four questions out of remaining six questions.
1. (a) Draw the block diagram of the 80386 OX processor and explain each block in brief.
(b) Differentiate segmentation in real mode and in protected mode. 5
(c) Explain how the flu sing of pipeline problem is minimized in pentium architecture. 5
2. (a) Enlist the instruction pairing rules for U and V pipeline in pentium. 5
(b) list the steps of “Instruction Issue Algorithm” in pentium. 5
c) Draw and explain pentium processor architecture. Highlight architectural features.
3. (a) Explain dynamic branch prediction logic of pentium processor. 10
(b) Differentiate between pentium and pentium pro-processors w.r.t. generation, overclocki~g feature, core pipeline stages, no. of transistors, address bits main tmemory Size, L2 cache, SMP support.
4. (a) Compare super SPARC and ultra SPARC processors. Draw the architecture of 10
(b) sDurpaewr aSnPdA eRxCpl aainnd v aerxipoluasin i.nstruction formats of SPARC processor. 10
5. (a) Explain cache organisation of pentium. 10
(b) State the features of PCI bus. Draw a work station based on PCI bus and explain. 10
6. (a) list the features of each ISA bus version namely 8 bit, 16 bit and 32 bit EISA. 10
(b) Explain floating point pipeline stages of pentium processor in brief. 10
7. Write short notes on the following :- 20
(a) Layered architecture of SCSI
(c) Data types supported by SPARC
d) Standard and burst bus cycles of pentium. .