MNIT Jaipur Syllabus Information Technology Selected Topics in Operating Syatem
Processes and Threads, Concurrency control, Directory and File structure, File sharing, NFS, Storage
Design issues of Distributed OS, Distributed v/s network operating system.
Communication: Client Server, RPCDistributed OS: Issues, process management, inter-process communication, scheduling, deadlocks
Design and implementation of distributed file systems, distributed shared memory
Security: Concepts and Distributed Systems
Distributed Concurrency, Transactions.
Case study: Unix, Amoeba.
1. Operating System A Design Approach-Crowley, TMH.
2. Tanenbaum: Distributed Operating Systems, Pearson Education.
3. Bach, Design of Unix O/S.
4. Coulouris et al, Distributed Systems: Concepts and Design, Addison Wesley.
5. Mullender: Distributed Systems, Addison Wesley.
6. Tanenbaum and Steen: Distributed Systems: Principles and Paradigms, Pearson Education