MNIT Jaipur Syllabus computer science VLSI Algorithms
1. Introduction of VLSI Technology, VLSI design cycle, design styles, basic Layout rules and
circuit abstraction, introduction to standard Cell, Gate array, FPGA
2. Overview of basic graph algorithms, Graph algorithms for physical Design
3. Partitioning: Classification of partitioning algorithms, Karnighan-Lin Algorithm, FM Algorithm,
Ratio cut algorithm
4. Floor-planning: Rectangular dual graph approach of floor-planning, hierarchical tree based
approach, Integer programming based floor-planning.
5. Placement: placement by simulated annealing and force directed method
6. Routing: classification of routing algorithms, Global routing: Maze routing algorithms, line
probe algorithms, Steiner tree based algorithms, Detailed Routing: Single layer and two layer
routing algorithms, routing in FPGAs
1. Naveed Shervawani, “ Algorithms for VLSI physical Design Automation “ III Ed Springer
2. Sarrafzadeh and Wong “ An introduction to VLSI Physical design “ MGH
3. Sze: VLSI Technology
4. Weste and Eshranghan, “ Introduction toVLSI Design”. Pearson Edu.
5. Sadiq M. Sait, Habib Youssef, “VLSI Physical Design Automation: Theory and Practice”,
World Scientific Publishing Company;
6. Cormen Leiserson, Rivest, “ Introduction to Algorithms”, Pearson Edu.