MNIT Jaipur Syllabus computer science Programming Paradigms
Introduction: History of Programming Languages, Syntax and Semantics, Paradigms.
Procedure-oriented Programming: Procedures and Modularity, Built-in and User-defined Functions,
Scope and Lifetime of Variables, Structures, Recursion, Pointers and Dynamic Memory Allocation.
Case Study: C language.
Object-Oriented Programming: Objects and Classes, Encapsulation, Information hiding, Method and
Signature, Polymorphism and Inheritance.
Case Study: C++ language.
Aspect-Oriented Programming: Crosscutting concerns, Aspect, Joinpoint and Pointcuts, Advice and
Case Study: AspectJ language.
Functional programming: Introduction, lists, User-defined data types, type classes, and arrays,
Input/Ouput and Monad, Simple applications/programs.
Case Study: Haskell language.
1. Kerninghan and Ritchie: The ‘C’ programming language, Pearson Education.
2. Robert Lafore: C++ Programming, Sams.
3. Laddad: AspectJ in Action, Dreamtech.
4. Thompson: Haskell, The Craft of Functional Programming, Addison-Wesley.CP-487 Wireless & Ad-hoc Networks (3-0-2) 4
Fundamentals of Wireless Communication Technology The Electromagnetic Spectrum – Radio
Propagation Mechanisms Characteristics of the Wireless Channel – IEEE 802.11a,b Standard Origin Of
Ad hoc: Packet Radio Networks , Technical Challenges, Driving Applications, Components of Packet
Radios What Is an Ad Hoc Network? Types of Ad hoc Mobile Communications. Key definitions of adhoc, Advantages of ad-hoc/sensor networks, Unique constraints and challenges, Driving Applications,
Media Access Control (MAC) Protocols, Issues in designing MAC protocols, Classifications of MAC
protocols, MAC protocols Routing Protocol: Global State Routing (GSR), Dynamic State Routing
(DSR), Fisheye State Routing (FSR), Ad hoc On-Demand Distance Vector (AODV), Destination
Sequenced Distance – Vector Routing (DSDV). Transport Layer, Security Protocols :Introduction Issues
in Designing a Transport Layer Protocol for Ad Hoc Wireless Networks – Design Goals of a Transport
Layer Protocol for Ad Hoc Wireless Networks -Classification of Transport Layer Solutions, security in
Ad Hoc Wireless Networks – Network Security Requirements – Issues and Challenges in Security
Provisioning -Network Security Attacks.
1. C. Siva Ram Murthy and B.S. Manoj “Ad Hoc Wireless Networks: Architectures and Protocols”,
Prentice Hall PTR,2004
2. C.K. Toh, Ad Hoc Mobile Wireless Networks: Protocols and Systems, Prentice Hall PTR ,2001
Charles E. Perkins, Ad Hoc Networking, Addison Wesley, 2000
3. Wireless Communications: Principles and Practice, 2nd edition, T. Rappaport, Prentice Hall,
4. K. Pahlavan & P. Krishnamurthy, Principles of Wireless Networks, Prentice Hall