MNIT Jaipur Syllabus computer science Network Security
Review of wired/wireless network protocols, intrusion detection systems, malicious software.
Review of cryptographic algorithms, protocols, cryptanalysis, authentication and signature protocols.
Kerberos, PKI, real-time communication security, IPSec: AH, ESP, IKE.
SSL/TLS, e-mail security, PEM and S/MIME, PGP, web security, network management security,
Threats in networks, network security controls, firewalls, intrusion detection, administering security
Honeypots, password management, malicious software, viruses and countermeasures
1. C. Kaufman, R. Perlman, Network Securit, Prentice Hall.
2. Kurose & Ross, Computer Networking, Pearson Education.
3. Schiller J., Mobile Communications, Pearson Education.
4. W. Stallings, Cryptography and Network Security Principles and practice, Pearson Education.
CP-472 Biometrics (3-0-2) 4Biometrics: Need, Conventional techniques of authentication, challenges – legal and privacy issues.
Biometrics: DNA, fingerprint, Iris, Retinal scan, Face, hand geometry, human gait, speech, ear.
Handwriting, Keystroke dynamics, Signature
Multimodal biometrics: Combining biometrics, scaling issues.
Biometric template security.
1. Julian D. M. Ashbourn, Biometrics: Advanced Identify Verification: The Complete Guide
2. Davide Maltoni (Editor), et al, Handbook of Fingerprint Recognition
3. L.C. Jain (Editor) et al, Intelligent Biometric Techniques in Fingerprint and Face Recognition
4. John Chirillo, Scott Blaul, Implementing Biometric Security