MNIT Jaipur Syllabus computer science Data Structure Lab
Data Structure Lab
The following proposed coverage are broad guiding areas lab. The instructor offering the course
in consultation with the theory offered can adopt further variations in tune with CP-223.
Programs in C or C++ for following:
1. Sorting programs: Bubble sort, Merge sort, Insertion sort, Selection sort, and Quick sort.
2. Searching programs: Linear Search, Binary Search.
3. Array implementation of Stack, Queue, Circular Queue, Linked List.
4. Implementation of Stack, Queue, Circular Queue, dynamic memory allocation.
5. Infix to postfix (prefix) conversion.
6. Program for expression evaluation.
7. Implementation of Binary tree. Program for Tree Traversals (preorder, inorder, postorder).
8. Program for graph traversal (BFS, DFS).
9. Program for minimum cost spanning tree, shortest path.
1. Aho A.V., J.E. Hop croft, J.D. Ullman, Data Structures and algorithms, Addison Wesley.
2. Kruse R.L., Data Structure and Program Design, PHI.
3. Horowitz and Sahni: Data Structure in C++ , Glagotia
4. Ellis Horowitz, Sartaj Sahni, Fundamentals of Data Structures5. Aaron M. Tenenbaum, Y. Langsam, Moshe J. Augenstein, Data Structures Using C
6. Niklaus Wirth, Algorithms + Data Structures = Programs (Prentice-Hall Series in Automatic
7. Sartaj Sahni, Data Structures, Algorithms, and Applications in C++
8. Mark Allen Weiss, Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis in C++ (2nd Edition)
Open Elective I (X-X-X) 3/4