MNIT Jaipur Syllabus computer science Data Structure and Algorithm Lab
Data Structure and Algorithm Lab
The following proposed coverage are broad guiding areas in lab. The instructor offering the course in
consultation with the theory offered can adopt further variations in tune with IT-223.
1. Implementation of experiments with, basic data structures and use in dynamic operations on data
for different algorithms and problem domains;
2. Analysis of basic sorting and searching algorithms and their relationship to these data structures.
Comparison of asymptotic complexity with real behaviour of algorithms;
3. Sorting programs: Bubble sort, Merge sort, Insertion sort, Selection sort, and Quick sort.
4. Searching programs: Linear Search, Binary Search.
5. Array implementation of Stack, Queue, Circular Queue, Linked List.
6. Implementation of Stack, Queue, Circular Queue, Linked List using dynamic memory
7. Implementation of Binary tree.
8. Program for Tree Traversals (preorder, inorder, postorder).
9. Program for graph traversal (BFS, DFS).
10. Program for minimum cost spanning tree, shortest path.
1. Kruse R.L., Data Structure and Program Design, PHI.
2. Rivest, Cormen, Introduction to Algorithms, MIT Press
3. Horowitz and Sahni: Data Structure in C++ , Glagotia
4. Ellis Horowitz, Sartaj Sahni, Fundamentals of Data Structures
5. Aaron M. Tenenbaum, Y. Langsam, Moshe J. Augenstein, Data Structures Using C