MNIT Jaipur Syllabus computer science Concurrent Programming
Concurrent versus sequential programming. Concurrent programming constructs and race condition.
Synchronisation primitives. Processes and threads. Interprocess communication. Livelock and
deadlocks, starvation, and deadlock prevention. Issues and challenges in concurrent programming
paradigm and current trends.
1. Mordechai Ben-Ari. Principles of Concurrent and Distributed Programming, Prentice-Hall
2. Greg Andrews. Concurrent Programming: Principles and Practice, Addison Wesley.
3. Gadi Taubenfeld. Synchronization Algorithms and Concurrent Programming, Pearson.
4. M. Ben-Ari. Principles of Concurrent Programming, Prentice Hall.
5. Fred B. Schneider. On Concurrent Programming, Springer.
6. Brinch Hansen. The Origins of Concurrent Programming: From Semaphores to Remote