JNTU Question Papers Bio-Chemistry 1st Sem Nov 2008
JNTU Question Papers
Bio-Chemistry 1st Sem Nov 2008
1. (a) What is a disaccharide ?
(b) Give two examples with structure?
(c) Discuss the role of any two disaccharides is nutritional metabolism? [3+4+9]
2. Name the major forms of carbohydrates in animals? How do they differ from plant
storage carbohydrates? Show the structural differences. [5+4+7]
3. Write the structure and functions of the following:
(a) Palmitic acid
(b) Arachidonic acid
(c) Linoleic acid
(d) ?-linolenic acid [4×4]
4. Give any three reactions of aminoacids and add a note on titration curves. 
5. (a) What are different biosynthetic families of amino acids:- Bacteria and plant
(b) What are the processors for amino acid biosynthesis. [8+8]
6. Describe the components of electron transport system and the steps of ATP biosynthesis. [6+10]
7. What is the role of NADPH in the process of converting energy from the sun to
chemical energy? 
8. List the inputs (raw materials) and outputs (products) of the light dependent re-
actions and the Calvin Cycle.