JNTU Question Papers Automobile Engineering I Sem November 2008
JNTU Question Papers
Automobile Engineering I Sem November 2008
1. (a) Describe the following terms:
ii. Self-propelled vehicle
(b) What are the different types of automobile vehicles, Explain. [12+4]
2. (a) Explain the working principle of rotary I.C. engine ? Name few story engines?
(b) Compare the ideal and actual valve timing diagrams of four stroke C.I. engine
and explain salient features. [8+8]
3. Discuss the functional and constructional details of the following components.
(c) Connecting rod
(d) Cranc casing 
4. Write short notes on:
(a) Gudgeon Pin
(b) Inlet and exhaust manifolds
(c) Oil slump
(d) Valve gears. [4+4+4+4]
5. (a) What is meant by carburetor?
(b) Sketch a typical inductor system of a petrol engine.
(c) What are the factors which affect the process of carburetor? [4+8+4]
6. (a) Explain briefly the electronic fuel injection used in modern cars.
(b) What are the merits and demerits of electronic fuel injection system. [8+8]
7. Write short notes on:
(a) Delivery characteristics of fuel pump.
(b) Governing mechanism.
(c) Fuel clearing system.
(d) Pressure waves in plunger of a pump. [4+4+4+4]
8. (a) Explain the working of wet sump lubrication system with suitable diagram.
(b) What are the functions of oil sump used in lubrication system? Explain. [8+8]