JNTU Question Papers
Microbiology 1st Sem November 2008
1. Describe in detail about the contributions of Louis Pasteur. 
2. Describe different Immunological and biochemical tests used for identification of
3. Describe the general characteristics of Archebacteria. 
4. How is energy supplied to drive a conc. gradient across the membrane of the cell?
5. Describe the methodology for the enrichment of the following bacteria:
(a) Thiobacillus thiooxidans
(d) Clostridium. [4×4]
6. Write on the following for their importance
(b) Single lot culture preservation [8+8]
7. Differentiate between Antibiotics and Disinfectants with suitable examples. Ex-
plain the mode of action of different antibacterial antibiotics. 
8. What is a Standard operating procedure? Develop an SOP for autoclaving.