JNTU Exam Papers
Bioorganic Chemistry 1st Sem November 2008
1. (a) What is meant by molecular recognition? How can you explain this at supra
molecular level? [4+4]
(b) Explain the terms: [8+8]
i. Proximity effect
ii. Molecular adaptation.
2. (a) What are amino acids? Give their names.
(b) Explain the chemistry of amino acids.
(c) How the amino acids involve in living cell activities. [6+5+5]
3. (a) What is an enzyme? What is its composition and nature? How it functions.
(b) Explain the properties of an enzyme. [2+3+3+8]
4. How are enzymes classified? How do they catalyze the reactions with examples?
5. Describe the role of the following metal ions in various biological molecules[4+4+4+4]
(a) Molybdenum .
6. Explain about Lindsys moores model. 
7. Discuss in detail what are the new development in crown ether Chemistry. 
8. Discuss in detail about ?-acetoxy-ketones.