JNTU Question Papers Automobile Engineering I Sem Nov 2008
JNTU Question Papers
Automobile Engineering I Sem Nov 2008
1. (a) What is the importance of automobile engineering over the other branch of
(b) What do you understand by Automobile Engineering?
(c) How is automobile engineering is mainly related to Mechanical Engineering?
2. (a) Draw P-V and T-S diagrams S.I Engine and explain its working.
(b) Is it feasible to construct a sterling engine. Explain in detail. [8+8]
3. (a) Explain the function of engine gaskets? What are different materials used for
(b) Why the clearance is provided in the piston crown? Explain. [8+8]
4. (a) Why is flywheel necessary in multicylinder engines?
(b) What is valve tappet clearance? Why is it necessary?
(c) Describe a hydraulic valve lifter. [6+6+4]
5. (a) Explain different principal components of a carburetor.
(b) What are the advantages of multiple venture carburetors? [8+8]
6. (a) Classify different fuel delivery systems for petrol engines? Explain.
(b) What are different problems faced by fuel transfer pump? Explain methods
to rectify them. [8+8]
7. (a) What are different types of injectors used in automobiles?
(b) Explain the effect of operating temperature on performance of fuel injector.
8. (a) Explain positive Crankcase ventilation with suitable diagram.
(b) Describe the construction and functions of cartridge type of oil filter. [8+8]