JNTU Exam Papers Microbiology I-Sem Nov 2008
JNTU Exam Papers
Microbiology I Sem Nov 2008
1. Describe the History and Development of virology. 
2. Discuss the importance of Genetic and molecular characteristics for identification
of bacteria. 
3. (a) What is unique about the class deutermycetes making it different form other
classes of fungi.
(b) Describe the phenomenon of dimorphism as it exists in certain pathogenic
4. (a) Explain group translocation mechanism of nutrient transport.
(b) Describe the concept of nutrient transport in cells. [8+8]
5. Describe the methodology for the enrichment of the following bacteria:
(a) Thiobacillus thiooxidans
(d) Clostridium. [4×4]
6. How do microbes protect themselves against Osmotic pressure? 
7. Comment on the following antimicrobial agents
(d) Copper. [4×4]
8. What is a Standard operating procedure? Develop an SOP for autoclaving.