JNTU Question Papers
Bioorganic Chemistry 1st Sem Nov 2008
1. Discuss in detail about polymolecular level of complexity. 
2. Write short notes [4+4+4+4]
(a) Clasien condensation
(b) Benzoin condensation
(c) Cannizaro reaction
(d) Bayer-viller reaction.
3. (a) “Enzymes are biocatalysts” – Explain.
(b) How the enzymes are used in synthetic organic chemistry? [8+8]
4. Describe various experimental approaches to the determination of enzyme
5. (a) Explain the functions of metal ions present in the proteins.
(b) Explain the mechanism of carboxypeptidase. [8+8]
6. (a) What do you mean by chloroplast?
(b) Discuss in detail the features of photosynthesis. [8+8]
7. Discuss in detail how cyclodextrin is used as a model of hydrolytic enzyme reactions.
8. Why meta anionic groups showa a large rate enhancement than a para anionic