JNTU syllabus for Management and organisational behaviour
JNTU MBA 1st Sem Syllabus for Management and Organizational behaviour
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY, HYDERABAD
I SEMESTER MBA
09MB01 Management and Organisational Behaviour
The Objective of the course is to give a basic perspective of Management theories and practices. This will form foundation to study other functional areas of management. Also this course provides insight into behavioral issues.
Unit – 1:Introduction to Management: Definition, Types of Managers, Mintzberg Managerial roles, Functions of Management, Administration vs. Management, Evolution of Management Thought – Planning: Nature of planning, Steps in planning, types of planning, Levels of planning – The Planning Process. Decision Making : The process and techniques of decision making.
Unit – 2: Organising: Nature of organizing, organisation levels and span of management – Factors determining span – Organizational design and structure –departmentation, line and staff concepts, staffing – delegation, decentralization and recentralisation of authority – responsive organizations. Meaning and types of power – Empowerment – Groups Vs. Teams – Nature of groups –dynamics of informal groups – dysfunctions of groups and teams – Teams in modern work place.
Unit – 3: Introduction to Organisational Behavior: Definition, Nature and Scope – Environmental and organizational context and the impact on organizations – Perception: Nature and importance of Perception – Perceptual selectivity and organization. Attribution Theories. Personality and Attitudes – Meaning of personality – Johari Window and Transactional Analysis – Nature and Dimension of Attitudes- Behavioral Modification.
Unit – 4: Motivation and Leading: Theories of Motivation-Maslow’s need hierarchy, Hertzberg’s Two Factor Theory. Job design and Goal setting for High performance- Socio technical Design and High performance work practices. Leading: Leading Vs Managing – Leadership Theories- Leadership styles – developing leadership skills – transformational leaders, transactional leaders, Leadership in Cross-cultural environment – Evaluating Leader- Women and Corporate leadership.
Unit – 5: Communication and Control: Meaning, Types of communication and barriers to effective communication in Organizations, Using Communication Skills to manage Conflicts. Controlling: Basic control process- Requirements for effective control – control techniques – Overall controls and preventive controls.
- Koontz, Weihrich & Aryasri: Principles of Management, TMH,New Delhi, 2009
- Luthans, Fred: Organisational Behaviour, 11/e, McGraw Hill, 2009
- Stoner, Freeman and Gilbert: Jr. Management, Pearson,New Delhi, 2009.
- Aryasri & VSP Rao: Management and Organisational Behaviour, Excel, 2009
- Kavitha Singh:Organisational Behaviour, Pearson, 2009.
- Kellogg: Conflict in Organizational Groups, Kogan Page,2009
- John M. Ivancevich: Organisational Behaviour & Management, TMH, 2009
- Schermerhorn: Management, Wiley 2009
- Pierce and Gardner: Management and Organisational Behaviour: An Integrated Perspective, Cengage, 2009.
- BPP:Organisational Behaviour, Viva, 2009
- Aswathappa: Organisational Behaviour,Himalaya, 2009
- Certo and Certo: Modern Management,10/e,PHI,2009
- R Satyaraju & A.Parthasarathy: Management Text and Cases, PHI, 2009.
- Prem Vrat, K K Ahuja, P K Jain: Case Studies in Management, Vikas, 2006.
CDs (EXCEL MULTIMEDIA)
KOCHAR JAYANT IMPORTANCE OF CUSTOMER
Md, Aoretto Retail Pvt Ltd. FOCUS TO AN ORGANIZATION
DANI JALAJ ORGANIZING ACROSS BORDERS
President, International Asian Paints Ltd
Group General Manager & CEO-India, HSBC Ltd.
Arunachalam V.S. Transforming Technologies
Chairman, Center for study of science FOR THE FUTURE
Kumar N. Patel, Chairman & CEO, Pranalytica, Inc.
Padmanabhan. G, Honorary Distinguished Biotechnologist,
Department of Bio Chemistry, Indian Institute of Science
SRINIVASAN VENU CHALLENGING THE LEADER
Chairman & MD, TVS Motor Co. Ltd
Managing Director, Samsung Electronics India Pvt Ltd.
SUKHBODHANAND SWAMI THE VOICE WITH IN THE LEADER
Founder chairman, Prasanna Trust
GOPALA KRISHNA. R
Executive Vice President, SCM
Pepsi food Limited.
T HARI,SINH RAJENDRA CREATING A LEADERSHIP PIPELINE
UPENDRA UDAI, CHANGE MANAGEMENT TO
Vice President (Global HR), Ranbaxy CHANGE LEADERSHIP
Director (HR), ONGC Ltd.
SCHMITT LARRY, INNOVATION: A KEY TOOL FOR
BARBHAIYA RASHMI, THE NEW MANAGER
CNBC CDs TV18
- An innovation Culture, 2008
- Cultivating an innovative culture, 2008
- Developing a Passion for Excellence
- Developing Continuous Improvement