JNTU III B.Tech Supplimentary Examinations, Aug/Sep 2008
1. (a) Describe basic elements of machining.
(b) Explain briefly mechanics of chip formation.
2. (a) Describe the internal mechanism of cone-pulley type headstock of a Lathe showing location of different parts.
(b) What is an “all geared head stock”? Describe briefly.
3. (a) What is the significance of capstan, turret and automatic lathes in production shop?
(b) Compare the merits and demerits of turret and capstan lathe with engine lathe.
4. (a) Explain the working of a hydraulic quick return mechanism of a shaper.
(b) Sketch and describe the working of automatic table feed mechanism of shaper
5. (a) Define the process drilling. Give classification of various drilling machines
(b) Explain with a neat sketch the construction and working principle of a radial drilling machine
6. Describe the set up that can be used for milling cams in a milling machine. Explain neatly with a sketch, the various attachments that one needs to use for such milling. Explain the limitations of such a set up.
7. (a) List the various types of special grinding machines.
(b) Classify and explain the various centre type cylindrical grinding machine.
8. (a) What do you understand by location of a piece and what are the important principles of location and the type of locations commonly used?
(b) What do you understand by principle of least points and principle of least positions