JNTU question papers B -Tech Ist Sem -Environmental studies – November 2008
JNTU II B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, November 2008
( Common to Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electronics &
Telematics, Electronics & Computer Engineering and Aeronautical
1. What are the different activities that can be taken up to increase public awareness of
environmental issues? Explain how they help in better environmental management.
2. (a) What do you understand by biotic and a biotic parts of nature?
(b) Explain the interaction and interdependency of these.
3. (a) Describe the desert and semi-arid ecosystems. Where are they found in India?
(b) What are the adverse effects of irrigation and development plans for such areas and why should they be conserved?
4. (a) What is genetic diversity and species diversity?
(b) List the various biogeographic regions of India.
5. (a) List the wastes that are prohibited from processing along with municipal solid waste. Discuss.
(b) Briefly describe the methods of heating and disposal of solid waste.
6. (a) What are the major issues associated with resettlement and rehabilitation?
(b) Bring out the main elements of water conservation.
7. (a) Describe the problems created by the growing population of the earth.
(b) Explain briefly the pattern of global population growth in recent years which is causing alarm to environmental experts.
8. (a) What is the methodology to be followed for study of a studying cause and effects of a polluted site? Write also the observations for various aspects and data to be collected.
(b) Write about any polluted site you have visited and describe your findings in detail.