JNTU question papers B -Tech IInd Sem – Microprocessors and interfacing – Aug/Sep 2008
JNTU III B.Tech II Semester Supplimentary Examinations, Aug/Sep 2008
MICROPROCESSORS AND INTERFACING
( Common to Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electronics &
Instrumentation Engineering, Bio-Medical Engineering, Electronics &
Control Engineering and Electronics & Telematics)
1. (a) With a neat architectural diagram explain the functioning of an 8086 microprocessor
(b) Compare the flag resisters of 8086 & 8085
2. (a) Explain in detail about the following addressing modes of 8086 with examples.
i. I/O port addressing
ii. Based indexed addressing with displacement
(b) Write an ALP in 8086 to add two 16- bit hexa decimal numbers
3. (a) Write an ALP in 8086 to count number of positive and negative numbers from
an array of 8-bit integers
(b) Write an ALP in 8086 to exchange a block of N bytes of data between source
4. (a) Explain how static RAMs are interfaced to 8086. Give necessary interface diagram assuming appropriate signals and memory size
(b) Explain the need of DMA. Discuss in detail about DMA data transfer method
5. (a) Distinguish between Mode set control word and BSR control Word of 8255?
(b) Write an ALP in 8086 to generate a symmetrical square wave form with 1KHz frequency? Give the necessary circuit setup with a DAC?
6. (a) Differentiate between Initialization Command Words and Operation Command Words of 8259.
(b) Discuss about the interrupt priority schemes used in 8259.
7. (a) Discuss the serial data transmission standards and their specifications.
(b) Draw the block diagram of 8251 and explain about each block.
8. (a) Discuss in detail about memory and I/O interfacing of 8051.
(b) compare salient features of 8051 family of microcontrollers. with microprocessors.