JNTU II B.Tech I Semester Regular Examinations, November 2008
1. (a) What do you mean by Epimers. Explain with examples?
(b) How many ways are there to represent the stereo isomers of glyceraldehydes?
2. Write the shortnotes on the following
(a) Effect of PH on enzyme activity
(b) effect of temperature on enzyme activity
3. (a) Explain the conversion of stored fatty acids to sucrose in germinating seeds
(b) Explain the conversion of the glycerol moiety of triacylglycerols to sucrose in germinating Seeds.
4. Describe the process of hydrogen transfer along the respiratory chain.
5. What are aminotransferases? Write in detail the reactions catalyzed by GOT and
GPT and comment on their diagnostic value.
6. Write short notes on their composition and health benefits:
(a) Fish oils
(b) Vegetable oils.
7. Compare and contrast the kinetic and functional characteristics of glucokinase with that of hexokinase.
8. What is the end product of purine catabolism? Write all the steps involved in the