JNTU question paper B-Tech I Semester Examinations | Applied chemistry and bio chemistry, November 2008
JNTU, B.Tech , I Semester,
APPLIED CHEMISTRY AND BIO CHEMISTRY,November 2008
1. (a) Write about the Glass Electrode
(b) Explain the working of a Galvanic Cell. Discuss Daniel Cell.
2. (a) Explain the difference between addition and condensation polymerization with
(b) What is polyethylene? How is it made? Mention the different grades of polythene and their uses.
3. (a) What do you understand by the term hardness’ of a sample of water? Define
the degree of hardness and discuss the various units of its Expression.
(b) Distinguish between carbonate hardness and non-carbonate hardness of a sample of water.
(c) Calculate the temporary and permanent chard ness of water, in pp on units
.Using the chemical analysis.
4. (a) Differentiate between prokaryotic and eukouyotic cells with suitable examples.
(b) Explain the composition or cell walls of prokaryotic cells.
5. (a) How an enzyme is extracted and purified from a living cell?
(b) Define the unit of enzyme activity. How can you explain the purification of an enzyme?
6. Describe the replication of DNA.
7. What are high, medium and low threshold substances? What is GFR? And how does Kidney maintain acid base balance.
8. Give an account of the general laboratory methods adopted for measuring any three
biochemical constituents of blood.