JNTU IV B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, February 2008
( Common to Computer Science & Engineering and Electronics & Computer Engineering)
1. Explain about client server model and object based model.
2. Explain about various Remote Procedure Call Semantics.
3. (a) Can a server invoked by light weight procedure calls control the degree of concurrency within it? Explain.
(b) Explain why and how a client is prevented from calling arbitrary code within a server under lightweight RPC.
4. Explain the Basic architectural model for the management of replicated data.
5. Explain how the conversation takes place between a client and a server in detail.
6. (a) Explain the two phases in the two-phase commit protocol with the help of a diagram.
(b) Discuss the performance of the two phase commit protocol.
7. What are various characteristics of faults.
8. (a) Explain about the creation of Tasks and Threads in MACH.
(b) Write in Detail about the Communication model of MACH.