JNTU B.Tech 5th Sem COMPUTER GRAPHICS, Apr/May 2008
(Computer Science & Engineering)
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. (a) Consider the raster system with resolution of 1280 by 1024. What size frame
buffer (in bytes) is needed for the systems to store if 24 bits pixel are to be stored.
(b) How long would it take to load a 640 × 480 frame buffer with 12 bits per pixel, if 105 bits can be transferred per second. [8+8]
2. (a) Devise a parallel method for implementing line-width function.
(b) Show why the point-to-line error is always _ 12 for the mid-point line scan conversion algorithm. [10+6]
3. Show that the transformation matrix for a reflection about the line y = -x is equivalent to a reflection relative to the y-axis followed by a counter clockwise rotation of 900. 
4. (a) What are the basic transformation techniques used in Window-to-Viewport
transformation? Derive the viewing transformation matrix.
(b) What is the significance of 4-bit region code is Cohen-Sutherland algorithm? [8+8]
5. List and describe the algorithm steps of any two shading models for polygons.
Compare them. 
6. Let an axis of rotation L be specified by a direction vector V and a location point P. Find the transformation for a rotation of ?0 about L. 
7. (a) Explain the possible relationships between polygon surfaces while implementing area-subdivision method. How to handle these cases.
(b) Illustrate with an example a scence consisting of three or more planes and
explain how the BSP tree is constructed to represent the scene. [8+8]
8. What are the steps in design of animation sequence? Describe about each step