JNTU Previous Question papers-BE-3rd -Year-Computer Graphics-Set-II-Aug/Sep 2008
Supplimentary Examinations, Aug/Sep 2008
(Computer Science & Engineering)
1. List the operating characteristic of the following display technologies:
(a) Raster refreshes systems
(b) Vector refresh systems
(c) Plasma panels and
2. Derive and explain the Bresenham’s line algorithm with the help of a suitable example.
3. (a) List the basic transformations which cause the physical distortion in the transformed object.
(b) An object point P(x,y) is translated in the direction U = aI + bJ and simultaneously an observer moves in the direction U. Show that there is no apparent motion of the object point from the point of view of obsever.
4. (a) Find the general form of the transformation N which maps a rectangular window with x extent xwmin to xwmax in the x-direction and y extent ywmin to ymax in the y-direction on to a rectangular view port with x extent xvmax to xvmax and y extent yvmin to yvmax.
(b) Distinguish between Cohen-Sutherland outcode and Sutherland-Hodgeman algorithm.
5. Classify the parallel projections and describe the characteristics of each kind.
6. (a) Explain how the depth values are computed in scan-lines?
(b) What are the merits and demerits of z-buffer?
7. (a) Distinguish zero-order, first-order and second-order continuity.
(b) What is the organization of control points followed in Bezier’s method to ensure second order continuity?
(c) What are the properties of Bezier’s curve?
8. Discuss about the techniques to achieve the simple animation effects.