JNTU B.Tech II Semester Examinations, DATA WAREHOUSING AND DATA MINING Apr/May 2008
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 80
Data Warehousing And Data Mining
(b) Differentiate operational database systems and data warehousing. [8+8]
2. (a) Briefly discuss about data integration.
(b) Briefly discuss about data transformation. [8+8]
3. (a) Describe why is it important to have a data mining query language.
(b) The four major types of concept hierarchies are: schema hierarchies, set-grouping hierarchies, operation-derived hierarchies, and rule-based hierarchies-
Briefly define each type of hierarchy. [8+8]
4. Write short notes for the following in detail:
(a) Measuring the central tendency
(b) Measuring the dispersion of data. 
5. (a) How can we mine multilevel Association rules efficiently using concept hierarchies? Explain.
(b) Can we design a method that mines the complete set of frequent item sets without candidate generation. If yes, explain with example. [8+8]
6. (a) Explain about basic decision tree induction algorithm.
(b) Discuss about Bayesian classification. [8+8]
7. (a) Given two objects represented by the tuples (22,1,42,10) and (20,0,36,8):
i. Compute the Euclidean distance between the two objects.
ii. Compute the Manhanttan distance between the two objects.
iii. Compute the Minkowski distance between the two objects, using q=3.
(b) Explain about Statistical-based outlier detection and Deviation-based outlier detection. [3+3+4+3+3]
8. (a) Give an example of generalization-based mining of plan databases by divide-
(b) What is sequential pattern mining? Explain.
(c) Explain the construction of a multilayered web information base. [8+4+4]