JNTU Previous Papers B Tech 1st Sem Applied Chemistry and Bio-Chemistry Nov 2008
JNTU Previous Papers
B Tech 1st Sem Applied Chemistry and Bio-Chemistry Nov 2008
1. (a) Define specific, equivalent and molecular conductivitions and what is the effect
of dilution on them.
(b) Differentiate between weak and strong electrolytes with examples.
(c) How the representation of galvanic cell is conventionally done with the consideration of Daniel Cell? [4+6+6]
2. (a) How is Vinyl Chloride manufactured commercially?
(b) Describe the preparation, properties and applications on novolac resin. [8+8]
3. Explain the following properties of lubricants and discuss their significance.
(b) Viscosity index
(c) Flash Point
(d) Oiliness. [4+4+4+4]
4. (a) What are the requirements for use of water for drinking purpose and for steam
boiler feed purpose? What are the problems? Explain.
(b) How Scales are formed in boilers and how do you prevent them. [8+8]
5. (a) What are prokaryotes? Give examples.
(b) Explain chemical composition of cell walls of prokaryotes.
(c) Explain how the membrane lipids play important role in membrane physical phase transition under different temperatures. 
6. (a) What are isoenzymes? Explain with suitable examples.
(b) Explain the allosteric effects in enzyme catalysed reactions. 
7. Describe the catabolism of long chain fatty acids through ?-oxidation. 
8. Describe the haemoglobin buffer system and add a note on plasma protein bufferingaction.