JNTU Question Papers Introduction To Chemical Engineering May June 2008
JNTU Question Papers
Introduction To Chemical Engineering May June 2008
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. (a) Explain the dimensional similarity.
(b) Explain Bucking method of dimensional analysis.
(c) Write the physical significance of Reynolds number, Froude number, Euler
number, Nusselt number. [4+4+8]
2. (a) Define Yr and Yp.
(b) Explain the dew point and molar humidity.
(c) Obtain relation between Yr and Yp. When are both equal. [6+5+5]
3. (a) State and explain one dimensional and three dimensional flow.
(b) Explain the characteristics curves of centrifugal pump. [8+8]
4. Write notes on multiple effect evaporation and methods of feeding with suitable
5. (a) Explain the process of diffusion with help of molecular theory.
(b) Describe about the rate of diffusion in solids, liquids and gases.
(c) Define diffusivity and give units. What are the variables which effect diffusiv-
6. Discuss in details the following:
(a) Equilibrium distillation
(b) Differential distillation. [8+8]
7. (a) Write about the selection of dispersion phase for liquid-liquid extraction.
(b) Describe rotating disk and centrifugal extractors. [8+8]
8. (a) Define free moisture content.
(b) Explain constant rate period and falling rate period.
(c) What is penduler state?