JNTU Previous Years Papers
B Tech Introduction To Aerospace Engineering May/Jun 2008
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. (a) How to estimate the critical Mach number for an airfoil?
(b) Define Standard Atmosphere and its components. [8+8]
2. (a) What design features of an aileron system are employed to overcome adverse
(b) Describe the function of ruddervators. [8+8]
3. (a) What are the possible causes for an airplane to fly.
(b) How the lift is generated in the Airplane wing? Explain how it is reduced by
induced drag. [8+8]
4. (a) What is the fail-safe feature in aircraft construction?
(b) Discuss the advantages of bonded construction? [8+8]
5. Explain with the aid of sketches, two mechanisms of liquid propellants used in
rocket engine. 
6. “Study of skin friction in laminar & turbulent flow becomes increasingly great
importance” Discuss. 
7. (a) What are control tabs? State their uses.
(b) How are control surfaces balanced. [8+8]
8. Explain the anatomy of a space mission.