JNTU III B.Tech Supplimentary Examinations, Aug/Sep 2008
1. (a) Which are two popular metal cutting theories? Describe them.
(b) With suitable diagram, derive expression for finding shear velocity and chip flow velocity if cutting velocity ,shear angle and rake angle are known.
2. Give neat diagram of engine lathe, and describe its main parts and controls.
3. (a) What is meant by tool layout? Expalin briefly
(b) Describe in brief the types of head stocks used on semi automatic and automatic machines.
4. (a) What is planer? Illustrate and describe its working principle.
(b) Give detailed classification of planer machines.
5. (a) How a drilling machine is specified?
(b) Define and write the formulae of the following for a drilling machine
i. Cutting speed
iii. Machining time in drilling
6. Explain clearly with neat sketch the various types of milling cutters and state their advantages and applications.
7. (a) What is the marking system followed in case of grinding wheels? Explain the individual elements of the marking system from the stand point of the functioning of the wheel.
(b) Describe vitrified shellac, and resinoid bonds.
8. (a) Explain the different teeth in a broaching tool.
(b) Explain clearly the advantages and limitations of Broaching.