JNTU ,B.Tech I-Semester
INSTRUMENTATION COMPONENTS, November 2008
(Electronics & Control Engineering)
1. (a) Derive the expression for maximum power transmitted by a belt drive.
(b) Explain the phenomenon of creep in belts.
2. (a) Explain with a diagram the operation of pilot operated safety relief value.
(b) What are the merits and demerits of pilot operated by safety relief value?
3. Explain how d,c potentiometers are used for error detection and give the transfer
characteristic of potentiometers.
4. (a) What is a multistock stepper moter?
(b) Describe the working of a multistock stepper motor with neat diagram.
(c) Mention two uses of stepper motor.
5. (a) List the specifications of resistor and brief out the significance of wattage rating.
(b) Show with an example how to use potentiometer and rheostat.
(c) Define the term capacitance and give its mathematical expression.
(d) Define the terms permeability, absolute permeability and relative permeability.
6. (a) Draw the pin configuration of IC 741 and explain the purpose of each pin.
(b) Give the specifications, circuit symbol and applications of IC 741.
(c) Explain the biasing arrangement of IC 741.
7. (a) Explain how light energy is converted into electrical energy in photo detector?
(b) What are the materials used for manufacturing light dependent resistor? Explain the process briefly.
(c) Explain how a photodiode can be used in an alarm system.
8. (a) Discuss the spectral transmittance characteristics of an absorption filter.
(b) What are the parameters to be observed in the design of grating.
(c) Give two types of mounting of grating and explain the importance of mount in the grating.