JNTU Previous Papers B Tech 5th Sem Computer Graphics Apr/May 2008
JNTU B.Tech II Semester Examinations, COMPUTER GRAPHICS, Apr/May 2008
(Computer Science & Engineering)
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. (a) Assuming that a certain full-color (24-bit per pixel) RGB raster system has a 512 by 512 frame buffer, how many distinct color choices (intensity levels) would be available.
(b) Explain how virtual reality systems can be used in design applications. [10+6]
2. (a) Write an algorithm for generating the intermediate points using Bresenhams algorithm when two-end points are given as input.
(b) Write an algorithm for polyline function which calls the above algorithm, given any number (n) of input points. A single point to be plotted when n=1. [8+8]
3. Show that the transformation matrix for a reflection about the line y = -x is equivalent to a reflection relative to the y-axis followed by a counter clockwise rotation of 900. 
4. (a) What are the basic transformation techniques used in Window-to-Viewport
transformation? Derive the viewing transformation matrix.
(b) What is the significance of 4-bit region code is Cohen-Sutherland algorithm? [8+8]
5. (a) State the boundary conditions that defines the Hermite curve section.
(b) Derive the Hermite matrix.
(c) Explain how the Hermite blending functions are derived. [4+4+8]
6. (a) What is the procedure for reflecting an about an arbitrarily selected plane.
(b) What are the characterstics of perspective projections? [8+8]
7. (a) How does the basic scan-line method determine which surfaces are hidden.
(b) How does edge coherence help to reduce computational effort. [8+8]
8. (a) Explain how the linear interpolation is implemented when the key-frame positions of an object are given.
(b) Describe linear list notation of animation languages.