JNTU Previous Papers-B Tech-3rd -year-Advanced Unix Programming-Set-I-Aug/Sep 2008
JNTU III B.Tech II Semester Supplimentary Examinations, Aug/Sep 2008
ADVANCED UNIX PROGRAMMING
1. (a) Explain the two methods of altering file access permissions of a file.
(b) What are the main functions of kernel? Explain each of them in detail.
2. What is meant by a command? Explain different types commands with syntax.
3. Explain the following system calls with syntax:
4. Write short notes on the following:
(a) Process control
(b) Process identifiers.
5. (a) What is signal function? Write and explain about the structure of signal function.
(b) What is meant by signal catching function? What are the advantages of signal functions.
6. (a) What is region lock? What are the rules about the specification of the region to be locked or unlocked?
(b) Write about file locking versus Record Locking.
7. Explain in detail about the System V IPCs.
8. (a) Explain, How to place “Data in shared memory”.
(b) What is the use of destroying a shared memory segment? Explain the process of “destroying a shared memory segment”.