JNTU previous papers B Tech 2nd Sem Examinations, Human computer interaction, Apr/May 2008
JNTU B.Tech II Semester Examinations, HUMAN COMPUTER INTERACTION, Apr/May 2008
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 80
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. (a) Discuss the impact of ineffecient screen design on processing time with an
(b) Discuss the chronological history of the internet [8+8]
2. (a) Compare the print page design and web page design
(b) What is meant by extranet? How it is different from internet? [10+6]
3. Discuss the important human characteristics which have influence on interface and
screen design 
4. What are display/read-only screens. Give a brief account of the guidelines to organise such screens. 
5. (a) What are the advantages and disadvantages of key-board?
(b) Identify the characteristics and capabilities of the following screen-based controls.
i. Selection controls
ii. Buttons [6+10]
6. What is an icon? What are the kinds of icons? Explain about each kind. 
7. (a) What is the role of user interference architects in building software tools?
(b) Give the BNF notation for a telephone book entry. [8+8]
8. Describe in detail about various kinds of keyboard layouts.