JNTU Previous Exam Papers B Tech 2nd Year Object Oriented Programming Through Java Nov 2008
(Computer Science & Engineering, Information Technology and Computer Science & Systems Engineering) November 2008
1. (a) Explain about Java class libraries.
(b) Explain about relational and logical operators with examples. [8+8]
2. (a) What is multiple inheritance? Explain how does Java support multiple inheritance?
(b) Write about the data types supported by Java? [8+8]
3. (a) Write a Java program that uses the length() and capacity() methods of the StringBuffer class. Give the output.
(b) Explain the charAt() and setCharAt() methods of the StringBuffer class. [8+8]
4. Describe about various components in Swing. 
5. (a) What is an exception? How can java handle the exceptions? Illustrate with an example.
(b) Explain about various key words used in handling the exceptions. [8+8]
6. (a) Develop a program to illustrate how multithread operation is done?
(b) What does extending a thread mean? Explain by means of a program. [8+8]
7. Describe the various methods in HTTP Servlet request interface and HTTP Servlet
response interface. 
8. (a) What is TCP/IP? What is the difference between TCP/IP and UDP/IP?
(b) What is socket? Which socket is used for client and server in TCP?
(c) How does a client can create a connection with a server? How does a server
can create a connection with a client? [5+5+6]