JNTU ,B.Tech,I-Semester OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING THROUGH JAVA
, (Computer Science & Engineering, Information Technology and Computer Science & Systems Engineering) November 2008
1. Write down the properties of Java language. 
2. (a) Give general form of the package statement. Give an example package creation
(b) Give general form of a multileveled package statement. What is the signifi-
cance of the CLASSPATH environment variable in creating/using a package?
(c) Give the general form of the import statement. Illustrate a Java program that creates a package and uses it. [5+6+5]
3. (a) Explain the difference between static and dynamic binding with examples.
(b) Explain how to call virtual functions in base class constructor? [8+8]
4. Write a program, which illustrates all the mouse and window events. 
5. (a) What do you mean by an exception and error? Give the hierarchy of the exceptions in java.
(b) List out the various java built-in exception handlers. [8+8]
6. (a) What is deadlock? How is it resolved? Explain by means of a program.
(b) What type of controls can be applied on threads? Mention about the old and
new versions of such methods. [8+8]
8. How can you create a custom RMI Socket Factory and how can you specify the
Socket factory in your application give an example.