JNTU PAPERS B-Tech II Semester Examinations Petroleum And Petrol Chemical Technology, Aug/Sep 2008
JNTU B.Tech II Semester Examinations,
Petroleum And Petrol Chemical Technology, Aug/Sep 2008
1. (a) what are the different ways of transporting petroleum crude and Products?
(b) What are the different forms of sulphur compounds present in Petroleum crude? [8+8]
2. Explain about
(a) Viscosity and different methods for determining viscosity.
(b) Octane number and knock characteristics
(c) Cetane number. [6+6+4]
3. What are the important top products of atmospheric distillation of crude oil? Discuss their end uses in detail. [8+8]
4. (a) How does mercaptan effect a petroleum products? Describe the process to
(b) What treatment methods are employed to improve the quality of lubes? Ex-
5. Outline the procedure for recycling in Butane plants. 
6. Explain the construction and operation of methanol manufactureing ICI reactor.
Also explain the methanol manufacturing process using this reactor. 
7. Explain the alternative processes used for the manufacturing ethylene glycol in the
petroleum industry. 
8. With flow diagram,explain the Acetaldehyde production from Acetylene by using
Chisso process.