JNTU PAPERS ,B Tech, 1st Semester,Instrumentation Components, November 2008
(Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering and Electronics & Control Engineering)
1. (a) Classify different chain drives and explain in brief the working of each.
(b) Briefly describe as to how power is transmitted through chains. [8+8]
2. (a) Clearly explain the difference between manual and automatic action as applied
to pneumatic control systems.
(b) Describe the working of a system when a change over can be made from
automatic to manual and vica-versa. [8+8]
3. (a) In what way a pulse transformer is different from normal transformer.
(b) A square waveform is given as input to a pulse transfer, sketch the O/P wave-
(c) Mention a few uses of pulse transformer. [6+6+4]
4. (a) Discriminate between ordinary electric motors and Servo motors.
(b) Briefly explain the working of D.C and A.C servomotors with neat sketches.
5. Give the constructional features of the following resistors.
(a) Carbon-composition resistor
(b) Thin film resistor
(c) Thick film resistor. [5+5+6]
6. (a) Draw the pin configuration of IC 741 and explain the purpose of each pin.
(b) Give the specifications, circuit symbol and applications of IC 741.
(c) Explain the biasing arrangement of IC 741. [6+8+2]
7. (a) Is LED a part of an optoisolatory? If so how?
(b) Generally the p material is emitter in normal diodes but in LED n material
made as emitter. Why?
(c) How is the spectral response of a LED determined and on what factor does it
8. (a) What is an optical filter and how is it useful as a Instrumentation component.
(b) Mention different optical filters available and explain the working of any one
(c) What are materials used in optical filters.