JNTU Organic Chemistry Exam Paper November 2008
1. (a) What is resonance
(b) What are the necessary conditions for resonance. [4+12]
2. Write a detailed note on Perkin reaction with mechanism. 
3. (a) What happens when propane gas is heated with bromine vapours in a sealed
tube which is irradiated with a light of wavelength 250 nm?
(b) Describe the reaction of NBS and isobutylene. [10+6]
4. Explain the following
(a) Chiral center
(b) Plane polarised light
(c) Meso compound
(d) Conformational isomers [4×4]
5. Write a note on conformational analysis of cyclothexane. 
6. (a) What are high polymers? How are they classified ? explain with examples.
(b) With the help of a block diagram, discuss the manufacture of polyethylene
7. (a) How will you prepare the following compounds.
(b) Compare Electrophilic substitution reactions in Pyrrole and Pyridine. Justify
your comparison with suitable explanation. [8+8]
8. Give an example for each of the following
(a) Mordaut dye
(b) an azo dye
(c) Vat dye
(d) Triphenyl amine dye
Give the synthesis of any two of them?