JNTU IV B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, February 2008
1. (a) What is the need for internetworking?
(b) What will be the growth & technology of internet in future? Explain?
2. (a) One common algorithm for managing the ARP cache replaces the least recently used entry when adding a new one. Under what circumstances can this algorithm produce unnecessary network traffic?
(b) ARP is often cited as security weakness Explain?
3. (a) Distinguish between classful and classless addresses?
(b) With an example illustrate the features of classless addressing.
4. (a) What is exterior gateway protocol? Mention the characteristics of BGP?
(b) What are the limitations of distance vector routing algorithm with respect to Internet?
5. (a) With a diagram explain IP multicast addresses. Also give example on reserved multicast.
(b) Explain how mapping is done in case of IP multicast to Ethernet multicast?
6. With respect to the e-mail system mention the functions of
(a) Mail box Names and aliases
(b) Alias extension and mail forwarding
(c) TCP/IP standards for email services.
7. Write a short note on the following:
(a) An Example Document
(b) Hypertext Transfer Protocol
(c) HTTP GET Request
(d) Error Messages.
8. How to structure the management information with the neat sketches. Give the structure and representation of MIB object names?