JNTU IV B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, February 2008
(Metallurgy & Material Technology)
1. What is NDT? Discuss about the development of NDT and its important aims.
2. What are emulsifiers? Explain about the classification of emulsifiers and their use.
3. (a) What is radiographic sensitivity?
(b) Discuss in detail about the Image Quality indicators.
4. (a) Describe the basic principles involved in ultrasonic testing method.
(b) What is the principal of UT method?
5. (a) What is the principle of magnetic particle flaw detection?
(b) Describe the methods of magnetization.
6. (a) Discuss the applications of eddy current inspection.
(b) Discuss the role of edge effect and skin effect in eddy current inspection.
7. Explain in detail the rigid coil technique of detecting the cracks in cylindrical specimens.
8. (a) Explain the applicability of acoustic emission inspection.
(b) What are the advantages of acoustic emission inspection?