JNTU IV B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, February 2008
(Metallurgy & Material Technology)
1. What is dynamic inspection principle and its scope. Explain about different electronic equipment used in this inspection method.
2. (a) What are the types of developers?
(b) What is the action of a developer in penetrant flaw detection?
(c) What are the physical and chemical properties of developers?
3. (a) What made the scientists to use Radio graphical methods for NDT?
(b) What is the principle of Radio graphical method?
(c) What are the sources used for NDT and briefly explain about the two major sources used for industrial applications.
4. (a) Explain in detail the types of probes used for detection of ultrasonic waves?
(b) What are the problems in inspection of castings by Ultrasonic testing method?
5. (a) Explain magnetic flow and induced current flow techniques for magnetizing the specimen?
(b) What is prod magnetization?
6. (a) Define electrical conductivity and magnetic permeability. Give their units in SI system.
(b) Discuss the role of electrical conductivity and magnetic permeability in eddy current inspection.
7. (a) Discuss about the origin of magnetic domains.
(b) Explain in detail the domain theory of ferromagnetism.
8. (a) Explain the applicability of acoustic emission inspection.
(b) What are the advantages of acoustic emission inspection?