JNTU IV B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, February 2008
(Metallurgy & Material Technology)
1. Name some of the NDT methods. Briefly explain about each method with a kind of source used.
2. (a) What are the types of penetrants and explain them in detail?
(b) Explain the conditions under which a type of penetrant can be used.
3. Explain in detail the special techniques of radiography.
4. Discuss about the automated and immersion systems ultrasonic testing method.
5. (a) Why ferromagnetic materials are selected for Magnetic Particle Inspection?
(b) Describe the significance of hysteresis curve of ferromagnetic materials.
6. Discuss in detail the eddy current instruments used for inspection.
7. (a) Explain the significant role of Hysteresis behavior in electromagnetic testing?
(b) Explain what is Domain Growth?
8. (a) What is acoustic emission inspection?
(b) What is the basic principle of acoustic emission inspection?
(c) Explain the relationship of acoustic emission inspection with other test methods?