JNTU IV B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, February 2008
REAL TIME SYSTEMS
1. Discuss about sequence control with the help of an example of a Simple Reactor vessel.
2. Explain simple digital signal computer interface with the help of a figure for a Real
Time process control system.
3. (a) Explain the following with examples
i. Subrange datatype
ii. Derived type
iii. Structured type
(b) Explain the low level facilities available in modula 2
4. (a) List and explain the minimum set of operations that a RTOS kernel should support.
(b) With the help of diagram, explain the (input/output sub system)IOSS operations for Input of data.
5. (a) What are the typical design parameters of RTOS? Explain?
(b) What do you understand by “Interleaving”? How does CPU use it for multitasking?
6. (a) Write a short note on the following
i. Paisley System
ii. Dataflow diagrams.
(b) What are the different areas of applications of petri nets?
7. (a) Discuss the classifications of faults.
(b) Describe two software redundancy approaches to improve software reliability.
8. (a) Explain about different Software-Error Models.
(b) Explain the limited usefulness of software error models.
i. What is meant by fault injection? Explain how it is used to measure an error Propagation time.
ii. Explain real life components, which have a hazard rate shaped according
to the Bathtub curve.