JNTU IV B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, February 2008
1. (a) Explain Booth’s algorithm for 2’s complement multiplication of (0111) and (0011).
(b) Draw the hardware implementation of unsigned binary multiplication.
2. (a) What do you mean by a variable length instruction? Expalin with an example.
(b) Assume an instruction set that uses a fixed 16 bit instruction length. Operand specifies are 6 bits in length. There are K two operand instructions and L zero operand instructions. What is the maximum number of one operand instructions can be supported?
3. (a) Explain the instructions available for stack operations in 8085 microprocessor
(b) Write a program for 8085 microprocessor to find whether the given data byte is present in an array of bytes
4. (a) Explain the variety of techniques available for sequencing of microinstructions based on the format of the address information in the microinstruction.
(b) Hardwired control unit is faster than microprogrammed control unit. Justify this statement
5. (a) Describe how the information is recorded in Magnetic tape.
(b) Explain how cache memories can be used in paging technique.
6. Compare and contrast segmentation technique with paging technique.
7. What is Asynchronous Data Transfer? Explain various methods of asynchronous data transfer with timing diagrams.
8. How many modes are possible to transfer data to and from peripherals? Explain
each mode in detail with one example for each mode.