JNTU IV B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, February 2008
PRODUCT DESIGN AND ASSEMBLY AUTOMATION
1. (a) Sketch and explain spiral elevators.
(b) Sketch and explain the Balanced vibratory feeder.
2. Briefly discuss the historical development of the assembly process.
3. (a) Differentiate between continuous transfer and intermittent transfer?
(b) With an example explain intermittent transfer mechanism.
4. Why it is always necessary in automatic assembly to have a base part on which the assembly can be built.
5. List out the simple rules to be considered in designing of produce and parts in automatic assembly.
6. Discuss briefly the effects of combination of factors on handling time.
7. (a) Sketch and explain the use of kinematic design principles.
(b) Discuss the conclusion drawn from effect of chamfer design on insertion time.
8. (a) What are the possible effects of feeding a defective part into an assembly machine.
(b) Discuss the effect of parts quality on downtime.