JNTU IV B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, February 2008
PRODUCT DESIGN AND ASSEMBLY AUTOMATION
1. (a) Sketch and explain spiral elevators.
(b) Sketch and explain the Balanced vibratory feeder.
2. Write short notes about magazines used delivering parts to automatic assembly machine.
3. (a) Discuss briefly about rotary indexing mechanism.
(b) Explain disadvantages of in-line transfer mechanisms.
4. (a) List out the favourable points to be considered in automatic handling of product.
(b) List out the benefits of automation of product design.
5. (a) What are objective meet by the product design for assembly handbook.
(b) What are the phases involved in design process of a product.
6. With suitable example discuss the two kinds of symmetry for a part.
7. (a) Discuss with sketches the use of kinematic design principle in manual assembly.
(b) What are the design concepts to provide easier access during assembly.
8. (a) Define the proportion of down on the machine. And briefly discuss the effect of parts quality on down time.
(b) What are the different types of effects of the quality levels of parts on the performance and economics of assembly machines.