JNTU IV B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, February 2008
NETWORK INSTALLATION AND MANAGEMENT
1. (a) Explain briefly about broadcast vs non broadcast networks.
(b) What are the important aspects to consider when using IP over any data link protocol.
2. (a) With neat diagram explain general method to a router configuration.
(b) Explain enhanced editing command.
3. Explain routing and monitoring of EIGRP.
4. Write a note on
(a) Filters and Queues
(b) Advanced traffic filters
5. (a) Write futures of IPX networks.
(b) What is media access control protocol and explain different types of MAC protocols.
6. (a) With neat diagram explain the main router connected to several Ethernet addresses.
(b) Compare HDLC and LAPB encapsulation protocols.
7. (a) Explain overview of Point to Point protocol.
(b) Explain PPP link control protocol configuration with frame formats.
(c) Explain operation of multilink Point to Point protocol.
8. Explain multiport Source Routing Bridge configuration using Vermont Router on interface configuration mode by using suitable commands.