JNTU IV B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, February 2008
NETWORK INSTALLATION AND MANAGEMENT
1. (a) Explain briefly about broadcast vs non broadcast networks.
(b) What are the important aspects to consider when using IP over any data link
2. (a) Write about CISCO discovery protocol ( CDP) , how to use this CISCO CDP protocol to get information about routers neighbors.
(b) How to use the TELNET utility to log in to remote CISCO routers, connectivity methods,how to access remote router using TELNET utility.
3. Write a short notes on
(a) Static routing
4. Write a note on
(a) Static Routes and default route
(b) Configuring and monitoring of BGP
5. (a) Explain IPX addressing.
(b) Explain ARC Net and PPP protocols.
6. Explain the connection issues and various characteristics, scalability features of
7. Explain PPP callback configuration on Vermont Router.
8. (a) Explain the differences between basic rate interface and primary rate interface.
(b) Write the detail information about advanced configuration task.