JNTU IV B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, February 2008
NETWORK INSTALLATION AND MANAGEMENT
1. With a neat frame format explain
(b) Token Ring
2. (a) With a neat diagram explain router initialization and command modes.
(b) With neat diagram explain the different router status commands.
3. Write a short notes on RIP protocol description.
4. (a) Explain how the BGP
is configuring on maine and vermont routers.
(b) Explain access lists.
5. (a) How to assign IPX network addresses and explain it.
(b) Explain the concept of spoofing.
6. (a) With neat diagram explain a network featuring two routers on two network segments.
(b) Explain how the Dial on Demand routing used to reduce the need for dedicated
(leased line) lines in WAN. [8+8]
7. With a neat diagram explain DTE, DCE and PSEs make up an X.25 network.
8. (a) Explain in detail services of ISDN.
(b) Explain functions and reference points of ISDN with a neat diagram.