JNTU IV B.Tech I Semester Supplimentary Examinations, February 2008
MOTION CONTROL DESIGN
1. (a) Define automation.
(b) Describe various types of automation.
(c) Write the advantages of automation.
2. (a) Discuss various types of indexing mechanisms used in motion control.
(b) Write the advantages of orienting devices.
3. (a) Draw the symbols for
i. Fixed capacity hydraulic
iii. Variable throttle valve
iv. Shutt-off valve.
(b) Explain the working of Non-return valve used in hydraulic circuit with a neat sketch.
4. (a) Enumerate the differences between industrial hydraulic and Pneumatic systems.
(b) Describe internal gear pump used in hydraulic system with a neat sketch.
5. Write short notes on:
(b) Air line Installation
6. (a) Explain the various motion control aspects in design.
(b) Describe a double acting cylinder used in hydraulic system.
7. Explain in detail the fundamental concepts of adoptive control system and its advantage over feed back control system.
8. Describe the basic components of programmable logic controllers.